Are you taking action steps toward your big career dreams? If not, or if you feel stuck in your leadership journey – you might want to think about your strategic career action plan!
In today’s episode, I invite the fabulous Patricia Hayes – executive advisor and career empowerment coach – to talk to us about strategic career action planning. We discuss why you need to develop one, how to get started, and what to do AFTER the plan is set – because this is so important, my love!
Ready to get really strategic with your career development?
Let’s go to the show!
We dive into:
- Why you need to have a strategic action plan in your tech career if you want to uplevel!
- Goal setting – and how to know if you are setting your goals high enough (you are capable of so much, my love!)
- The MOST IMPORTANT difference between your personal strategic career action plan and the one your employer puts in place
- Where to begin when developing your strategic career action plan (and some tips if you are feeling stuck on this initial step!)
- The MOST IMPORTANT thing you can be doing to elevate your career – and how this opened the doors to my first executive position!
- Patricia’s TOP TIP for elevating your career faster when transitioning – and why it might surprise you
- A BIG mistake you might be making around networking – and how to avoid it!
- And more!
Lit Up Leadership Academy doors open! A complete program for women in tech to accelerate their influence, step into their dream leadership career and break through the glass ceiling
Go to tonicollis.com/academy to learn more.
Alternatively, go straight ahead and book a free no obligation chat with me at bit.ly/CoffeeWithToni, to find out more and discuss the type of support you would most benefit from.
Connect with Patricia Hayes at:
Catch the show notes, and more details about today’s episode here: https://tonicollis.com/episode71
Join us in the Leading Women in Tech Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/leadingwomenintech/
Join us in the Leading Women in Tech LinkedIn group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12391391/
Thank you for listening to the
Leading Women in Tech podcast
If you loved what you heard today, it would make my day if you could spare a minute to leave a review on iTunes. And because I value your time so much, each month one lucky reviewer will win a FREE Success Coaching session with yours truly.
(Need some help with how to leave a review? Check out my quick guide here.)