If you’re not willing to negotiate, what does that say about you as a leader? Just because you landed the offer doesn’t mean you are done selling yourself.
Let’s talk about getting comfortable with negotiating at work!
In today’s episode, I discuss the cost of failing to negotiate in your career and ways to uplevel your negotiation skills at work so you can build trust, improve relationships, and sell yourself as the standout leader you are.
Ready to set the tone at work by learning to negotiate?
Let’s go to the show!
I dive into:
- The BIGGEST costs of failing to negotiate in your career
- Why negotiating is especially difficult for women (and what to do about it!)
- The unconscious message you might be sending your employer if you do not negotiate your compensation
- Something I ALWAYS suggest you do when you are offered your initial compensation (and what it could say about you if you don’t!)
- Examples of how I negotiated terms in my own career – and what came from it!
- And so much more!
If you are ready to uplevel your career, and get a boost (and a salary bump) by shortcutting your way to success, find out more about Toni’s Coaching at:
If you’d like to get ahead on the executive job hunt, check out my intensive Leadership Job Hunt VIP service. Find out more at https://tonicollis.com/vip
Alternatively, go straight ahead and book a free Discovery Call, to find out more and discuss the type of support you would most benefit from: https://bit.ly/DiscoverToni
Catch the show notes, and more details about today’s episode here: http://tonicollis.com/episode44
Join us in the Leading Women in Tech Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/leadingwomenintech/
Join us in the Leading Women in Tech LinkedIn group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12391391/
Thank you for listening to the
Leading Women in Tech podcast
If you loved what you heard today, it would make my day if you could spare a minute to leave a review on iTunes. And because I value your time so much, each month one lucky reviewer will win a FREE Success Coaching session with yours truly.
(Need some help with how to leave a review? Check out my quick guide here.)