Are you thinking about pivoting your career? Or maybe you’re expanding your family and need some tips to maintain balance while still standing out as the amazing tech leader that you are?
Let’s talk about how my guest launched a business and pivoted into tech – all while starting a family!
In today’s episode, I have an inspiring conversation with Jenn Hunter, COO of PayShepherd, self proclaimed nerd, and mom (of two under two!) about her entrepreneurial journey. We discuss how she balances motherhood and business, the challenges around adopting technology and instigating change in the construction industry, and some helpful insights on how to uplevel your leadership in a male-dominated industry.
We dive into:
- Dealing with mom guilt (and why Jenn was able to jump back into work a week after her child was born!)
- How she is helping the construction industry move forward by normalizing the use of data
- The 2 things you need to know to be able to truly commit to something (and make it happen!)
- One of the MOST IMPORTANT things you need to do as a senior leader for your customers and team to build belief in you
- How Jenn views work/life balance (and why it might be different than how you’re viewing it now)
- The significant mindset challenges Jenn had to work through moving into tech
- An actionable mindset shift you can use to uplevel your leadership
- And more!
Connect with Jenn:
If you are ready to uplevel your career, and get a boost (and a salary bump) by shortcutting your way to success, find out more about Toni’s Coaching at:
Alternatively, go straight ahead and book a free Discovery Call, to find out more and discuss the type of support you would most benefit from: https://bit.ly/DiscoverToni
Find out more about Jenn and her work at Pay Shepherd at: https://www.payshepherd.com/
And you can connect with Jenn on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennifer-hunter-01/
Catch the show notes, and more details about today’s episode here: http://tonicollis.com/episode47
Join us in the Leading Women in Tech Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/leadingwomenintech/
Join us in the Leading Women in Tech LinkedIn group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12391391/
Thank you for listening to the
Leading Women in Tech podcast
If you loved what you heard today, it would make my day if you could spare a minute to leave a review on iTunes. And because I value your time so much, each month one lucky reviewer will win a FREE Success Coaching session with yours truly.
(Need some help with how to leave a review? Check out my quick guide here.)